Contact Colette Sabourin
Colette Sabourin is a senior associate at Beaudry Bertrand law firm. She completed her education in Ottawa and has been practicing law in Gatineau-Hull judicial district since 1979. She is the head of the Family law department at our law firm.
She practices before the Superior Court of the Province of Quebec, Family Division and before the Court of Appeal of Quebec. Colette Sabourin is recognized as a renowned litigator. She also represents her clients during case conference settlement, judicial mediation assisted by judges. She initiates and participates actively to negotiations in accordance with principles of collaborative law.
Specialist in Family Law
Colette Sabourin practices exclusively in this field, representing spouses and common law partners, namely:
- Child Custody;
- Child Support and Spousal Support (Alimony);
- Child Kidnapping;
- Division of Financial Interests : family patrimony, matrimonial regime, etc;
- Determination of Income;
- Private International Law;
She obtained a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Ottawa, with a specialization in accounting.
She completed her degree in Common Law in 1977 (LL.B.) with a concentration in tax laws at the University of Ottawa. In 1978, she obtained her license in civil law (LL.L.). She featured on the Dean’s List for her academic excellence and went on the following year to complete her studies at L’École de formation professionnelle du Barreau du Québec and became an accredited lawyer in the Province of Québec in 1979.
- Barreau du Quebec
- Association professionnelle des avocats et avocates du Québec
- Association des avocates et avocats en droit de la famille de l’Outaouais and a member of the board for a number of years
- Quebec Collaborative Law Group